Storms in the forecast for the Carolinas | Weather
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- After a brief pause from the rain this morning, another round of showers and storms will move through the area this afternoon.
For most of us, we'll see more beneficial rain, with totals of about a quarter to half inch. Some areas could receive over one inch of rain in the next 24 hours.
The best storm chances are expected late this afternoon along and just ahead of the cold front.
This storm system moved through the Midwest earlier this week, bringing severe weather and heavy snow to the region.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense