A little more heat in the forecast | Weather
SALISBURY - The heat will stay on for at least a while, giving us a taste of summer in early May.
WBTV meteorologist Al Conlklin has the forecast:
Today: Mostly sunny and hot, storms unlikely anywhere near Charlotte, highs right around 90°, the hottest day so far this year! Record is 94° set in 1902…will not be seriously challenged.
Tonight: Isolated evening thunderstorms, mainly up over the mountains, otherwise, patchy clouds and quite mild with lows in low to mid 60s.
High temperatures are forecast to drop off just a tad as we roll into the weekend and our chances for rain will be going up, ever so slightly...still, no weekend washout is expected.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense