A little more heat in the forecast | Weather
SALISBURY - The heat will stay on for at least a while, giving us a taste of summer in early May.
WBTV meteorologist Al Conlklin has the forecast:
Today: Mostly sunny and hot, storms unlikely anywhere near Charlotte, highs right around 90°, the hottest day so far this year! Record is 94° set in 1902…will not be seriously challenged.
Tonight: Isolated evening thunderstorms, mainly up over the mountains, otherwise, patchy clouds and quite mild with lows in low to mid 60s.
High temperatures are forecast to drop off just a tad as we roll into the weekend and our chances for rain will be going up, ever so slightly...still, no weekend washout is expected.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation