Warm weather, showers to remain in area through Friday | Weather
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A high pressure system moving through the region is bringing spring-like weather for our area for the remainder of the week.
WBTV's Kelly Franson says a steady light rain is moving into the mountain region Wednesday afternoon. The rain stretches from the mountains to Statesville along the Interstate 40 corridor.
Patchy showers are possible Wednesday evening in the Charlotte area.
The high Wednesday topped out at 67 degrees for Charlotte, according to the National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg.
While unseasonably warm, no records were broken. The warm trend will continue Thursday with a high of around 68 degrees followed by 61 degrees on Friday.
Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected out of the showers over the next two days, according to the NWS.
Cooler weather returns over the weekend with high in the mid-50s and lows in the 40s overnight.
No severe weather is expected.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense