Warm weather, showers to remain in area through Friday | Weather
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A high pressure system moving through the region is bringing spring-like weather for our area for the remainder of the week.
WBTV's Kelly Franson says a steady light rain is moving into the mountain region Wednesday afternoon. The rain stretches from the mountains to Statesville along the Interstate 40 corridor.
Patchy showers are possible Wednesday evening in the Charlotte area.
The high Wednesday topped out at 67 degrees for Charlotte, according to the National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg.
While unseasonably warm, no records were broken. The warm trend will continue Thursday with a high of around 68 degrees followed by 61 degrees on Friday.
Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected out of the showers over the next two days, according to the NWS.
Cooler weather returns over the weekend with high in the mid-50s and lows in the 40s overnight.
No severe weather is expected.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend