Intersection closed for main water line repair | Transportation
An intersection in Hickory will be closed Wednesday so repairs can be made to a main water line break.
Traffic lanes at the intersection of 24th Street NE and Springs Road NE will close at 9 p.m. so City of Hickory Public Utilities crews repair the leak.
Officials say that if all goes as planned, they hope to reopen the lanes by 6 a.m. Thursday.
Anyone travelling in the area is asked to use alternate routes, and to expect delays at the intersection.
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Hickory Public Utilties Department at (828)323-7427.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense