Hickory schools superintendent withdraws candidacy for education job in Ga. | Schools
HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Hickory Public Schools will keep its superintendent for another year.
Dr. Lillie Cox has pulled her name out of the running for the top school job in Dekalb County Georgia.
That district has 97,000 students. Cox was one of three finalists for the Georgia post.
Dekalb officials say Cox pulled out in part because of media coverage of her contract negotiations.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All Rights Reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation