Hickory schools superintendent withdraws candidacy for education job in Ga. | Schools
HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Hickory Public Schools will keep its superintendent for another year.
Dr. Lillie Cox has pulled her name out of the running for the top school job in Dekalb County Georgia.
That district has 97,000 students. Cox was one of three finalists for the Georgia post.
Dekalb officials say Cox pulled out in part because of media coverage of her contract negotiations.
Copyright 2011 WBTV. All Rights Reserved.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense