Missing NC teen returns home | Schools
HUDSON - The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office said a missing 15-year-old girl returned home five days after she was last seen.
Marlena Church left South Caldwell High School on her own around 1 p.m. on January 2.
Authorities believed she may have been in the Hickory or High Point area with an 18-year-old man.
Marlena came home safely on January 7, the sheriff's office said.
“We are grateful that this young lady is home safe and sound. I would like to remind parents to pay attention to their children’s online activities and who they are talking too,” Sheriff Alan Jones said.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend