Missing NC teen returns home | Schools
HUDSON - The Caldwell County Sheriff's Office said a missing 15-year-old girl returned home five days after she was last seen.
Marlena Church left South Caldwell High School on her own around 1 p.m. on January 2.
Authorities believed she may have been in the Hickory or High Point area with an 18-year-old man.
Marlena came home safely on January 7, the sheriff's office said.
“We are grateful that this young lady is home safe and sound. I would like to remind parents to pay attention to their children’s online activities and who they are talking too,” Sheriff Alan Jones said.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense