Conover man killed in head-on crash with semi-truck | News
KENNEWICK, Wash. (AP) - The Washington State Patrol says the driver of a semi-truck lost control due to a medical issue, causing a fatal crash Wednesday on Interstate 82 near Kennewick.
The Tri-City Herald reports the truck crossed the median and collided with an oncoming car.
The car driver, 60-year-old Lawrence Volker of Conover, N.C., died at the scene. His passenger, 59-year-old Brenda Volker of Conover, was flown to a hospital in Kennewick.
An ambulance took the truck driver to a hospital.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend