Sheriff: Woman dead after deputy-involved shooting | News
CATAWBA COUNTY, NC (WBTV)- The Catawba County Sheriff has confirmed to WBTV a woman is dead Tuesday after an officer-involved shooting.
Officers received a call about a woman, later identified as Angie Hall, 32, threatening suicide at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the scene on East Highway 70 near James Street, they found Hall standing in the side yard of her home.
Officers confronted her and say she raised a gun, pointing it at officers. One deputy fired several shots. Hall died from her injuries, officials said.
The woman's name has not been released, nor has the deputy's.
The deputy was placed on administrative duties until the investigation is complete.
The investigation is ongoing, but at this time authorities believe the deputies acted in self defense.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- I-85 ramp closed after tractor trailer wreck, fire
- Fisherman who drowned after boat sank in Lake Norman identified
- NASCAR driver accused of stealing competitor's vehicles turns himself in
- Huntersville courting Asian business opportunities
- Middle school student charged with threatening President during school visit
- Deputies: Man charged with sex crimes against 15-year-old girl
- Nearly $900 worth of cigarettes stolen in Lincoln Co break-in, deputies say
- 3 arrested in connection with possible meth lab in northern Lincoln Co.
- Plant still closed after 28 sickened in CO exposure in Lincoln Co.
- Five people arrested in break-in that netted only a television and a trip to jail