Sheriff: Woman dead after deputy-involved shooting | News
CATAWBA COUNTY, NC (WBTV)- The Catawba County Sheriff has confirmed to WBTV a woman is dead Tuesday after an officer-involved shooting.
Officers received a call about a woman, later identified as Angie Hall, 32, threatening suicide at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
When officers arrived at the scene on East Highway 70 near James Street, they found Hall standing in the side yard of her home.
Officers confronted her and say she raised a gun, pointing it at officers. One deputy fired several shots. Hall died from her injuries, officials said.
The woman's name has not been released, nor has the deputy's.
The deputy was placed on administrative duties until the investigation is complete.
The investigation is ongoing, but at this time authorities believe the deputies acted in self defense.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"
- Investigators: 21st Meth lab in Lincoln Co. this year found, man arrested
- Lincoln Co. Sheriff kicks off 'Top 40' drug round-up Wednesday
- Deputies: Denver man arrested after he tried to break into neighbor's house
- Duo arrested after robbing store with BB gun, knife, police say