Another round of rain in Carolinas' forecast | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A storm system in the Midwest is heading East, and the Carolinas are likely to see another round of rain on Thursday.
Clouds will be on the increase overnight Wednesday, but rain chances in the Piedmont are not likely until Thursday afternoon as a strong cold front approaches the area.
Since the front will be moving through late in the day when daytime temperatures are at their warmest, there will be a chance of a few isolated storms along and ahead of the front.
Much of the area can expect a quarter to half an inch of much needed rainfall. Charlotte is currently approaching a ten inch rainfall deficit for the year.
Rain chances will end by Friday, but enough moisture could linger to bring a chance of snow in the mountains early Friday morning.
Click here for your complete forecast.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend