Catawba Co. duo arrested for making meth | News
NEWTON, NC (WBTV)- A man and a woman were arrested Monday for manufacturing methamphetamine at a Newton home, according to the Catawba County Sheriff's Department.
The arrest came after an anonymous tip led deputies to a home on Carmel Ridge Drive in Newton. While executing a search warrant at the residence, investigators found several "one pot" methamphetamine cook bottles in the kitchen, the report states.
Joyce Brown Crouse, 37, and Franklin William Chamberlin, 32, were both arrested and placed in the Catawba County Jail with no bond.
They were charged with manufacturing methamphetamine and possession and distribution of methamphetamine precursors.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lincoln Co. Lieutenant named “Employee of the Year”
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"