Duo arrested after meth found during traffic stop, deputies say | News
ALEXANDER COUNTY, NC (WBTV)- Members of the Alexander County Sheriff's Office have arrested and charged two men after a vehicle stop turned up drugs and paraphernalia.
The traffic stop happened on Highway 127 in Bethlehem Wednesday morning.
Deputies seized a quantity of methamphetamine and paraphernalia from the vehicle, officials said.
Christopher Dewayne, 29, of Hickory was arrested and charged with one count each Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He was placed under a $5,000 bond.
Mark Lawson Miller, 53, also of Hickory was arrested and charged with one count of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Miller was placed under a $1,000 bond.
Both men are scheduled to appear in court on September 16.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lincoln Co. Lieutenant named “Employee of the Year”
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"