Go red for women on National Wear Red Day | Health
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Heart disease is the number one cause of death for woman, and you can help build awareness and inspire action to the issue just by wearing red every first Friday in February.
February 3 is National Wear Red Day with Go Red For Women. The AHA says heart disease takes the life of one in three women each year, that's about one woman every minute.
According to the American Heart Association, research shows that women who Go Red are more likely to make healthier choices.
Choices like losing weight, increasing exercise, changing diets, checking their cholesterol and talking to their doctors.
For more information on how you can help support the cause to build awareness, visit www.goredforwomen.org.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense