Go red for women on National Wear Red Day | Health
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Heart disease is the number one cause of death for woman, and you can help build awareness and inspire action to the issue just by wearing red every first Friday in February.
February 3 is National Wear Red Day with Go Red For Women. The AHA says heart disease takes the life of one in three women each year, that's about one woman every minute.
According to the American Heart Association, research shows that women who Go Red are more likely to make healthier choices.
Choices like losing weight, increasing exercise, changing diets, checking their cholesterol and talking to their doctors.
For more information on how you can help support the cause to build awareness, visit www.goredforwomen.org.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lincoln Co. Lieutenant named “Employee of the Year”
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"