Youth and Adult Tennis Lessons at Hickory Parks and Recreation | Events
The Hickory Parks and Recreation Department announced they are giving tennis lessons for youth and adults starting next week.
The youth lessons are for ages 5 and older.
The lessons begin Monday, January 28, at Hickory City Park, located at 1515 12th Street Drive, NW.
Eight lessons will be offered for $48 for City of Hickory Residents, and $53 for non residents.
Clinics will be offered Monday through Friday from 3:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Kathy Kim will provide instruction and organize youth teams for match play. Assisting Kim with youth teams and instruction will be Jennifer Wolgumuth and Susan Ray.
Kim is a past USTA National Teacher of the year in 2002 and was inducted in the Catawba County Sports Hall of Fame in 2004.
Participants may register at the tennis courts any day after school.
For more information, please contact Kathy Kim at (828) 322-4643 or Donna Andrews Hickory Parks and Recreation at (828) 261-2248 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense