Teen, parents charged for after-prom party with alcohol | Crime
HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - A Hickory couple and their teenage son are facing charges after law enforcement officers say the family threw a post-prom party and served alcohol to dozens of teens.
61-year-old James Osborne, 55-year-old Robbin Osborne and their 18-year-old son, Victor, were called with aiding and abetting under-age persons to possess alcoholic beverages early Sunday morning. All three have since been released from the Catawba County Jail.
According to Alcohol Law Enforcement agents, a Hickory High School resource officer caught wind of the plans for the post-prom party and reported it to ALE.
Officers were able to stop cars leaving the home on Gunpowder Drive and after questioning several drivers were able to build a case of probable cause, agents told WBTV.
Agents went to the home and got consent from the Osbornes to search the home and found dozens of teens, including a number of students from Hickory High school. The school's prom was held several hours before.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"
- Investigators: 21st Meth lab in Lincoln Co. this year found, man arrested
- Lincoln Co. Sheriff kicks off 'Top 40' drug round-up Wednesday
- Deputies: Denver man arrested after he tried to break into neighbor's house
- Duo arrested after robbing store with BB gun, knife, police say