Teen, parents charged for after-prom party with alcohol | Crime
HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - A Hickory couple and their teenage son are facing charges after law enforcement officers say the family threw a post-prom party and served alcohol to dozens of teens.
61-year-old James Osborne, 55-year-old Robbin Osborne and their 18-year-old son, Victor, were called with aiding and abetting under-age persons to possess alcoholic beverages early Sunday morning. All three have since been released from the Catawba County Jail.
According to Alcohol Law Enforcement agents, a Hickory High School resource officer caught wind of the plans for the post-prom party and reported it to ALE.
Officers were able to stop cars leaving the home on Gunpowder Drive and after questioning several drivers were able to build a case of probable cause, agents told WBTV.
Agents went to the home and got consent from the Osbornes to search the home and found dozens of teens, including a number of students from Hickory High school. The school's prom was held several hours before.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense