Two men arrested in fatal Catawba County drive-by shooting | Crime
VALE, NC (WBTV)- Two people are now in jail after deputies in Catawba County say they shot two people Wednesday night.
The incident was reported at 9:16 p.m. on the 5100 block of Hope Road in the Vale area of the county, according to a news release from the Catawba County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies found two people shot in the roadway and a Ford Escape that had crashed into a utility pole.
Aaron Ruff, 40, was found in the driver's seat of the Ford Escape. He had been fatally shot.
Gerald Jeremiah Frederick, 29, was found with a gunshot wound to the neck and 18-year-old Dieron O'Shay Ruff was also located but was uninjured.
A fourth person in the car left the area and was not located.
Two men were later arrested and charged with murder.
Calvin O'Bryan Fuller, 24, and Quavis Shamar Propst, 22, are charged with murder and attempted first degree murder, according to the release.
The two are being held in the Catawba County Detention Center with no bond.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense