Former NASCAR driver Mayfield ordered to pay $1 million to postal worker | Crime
WINSTON-SALEM, NC (WBTV)- A judge in Forsyth County
ruled against NASCAR Driver Jeremy Mayfield in a lawsuit where a
U.S. Postal Service worker said she was attacked by a pitbull while delivering
a package to Mayfield's home.
Because Mayfield nor an
attorney representing him appeared at the hearing, the judge automatically
ruled in favor of Mary Bolten, the postal worker.
He ordered Mayfield to pay
$1 million for mental and physical injuries.
Mayfield already has
criminal attorney representing on all his criminal charges, including stealing property and drug charges.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend