Man pleads guilty to killing, burying roommate | Crime
NEWTON - A Hickory man pled guilty Wednesday to killing his roommate in 2009 and burying his body in Burke County.
Jonathan Brown, 30, admitted to shooting Lee Bryson in the back of his head during an argument and burying his body in the south mountains.
Police found the body buried in a shallow grave on March 19, 2009. Bryson had been missing since earlier in the month.
Brown turned himself into police in May 2009 and admitted to the shooting.
He plead guilty to second degree Murder and sentenced to 13 years, ten months to 18 years in prison.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense