Man pleads guilty to killing, burying roommate | Crime
NEWTON - A Hickory man pled guilty Wednesday to killing his roommate in 2009 and burying his body in Burke County.
Jonathan Brown, 30, admitted to shooting Lee Bryson in the back of his head during an argument and burying his body in the south mountains.
Police found the body buried in a shallow grave on March 19, 2009. Bryson had been missing since earlier in the month.
Brown turned himself into police in May 2009 and admitted to the shooting.
He plead guilty to second degree Murder and sentenced to 13 years, ten months to 18 years in prison.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation