Man charged with sex crimes against 14-year-old girl, sheirff says | Crime
MAIDEN - A Catawba County man was arrested for sex crimes against a teenage girl.
Horace Keith Dover, 55, of the 5400 block of Bucks Garage Road in Maiden, was charged with felony Taking Indecent Liberties with a Child.
According to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, the incident involved a 14-year-old girl and happened while riding in a vehicle with the victim and her family.
Dover didn't know the victim, investigators said.
The incident happened on December 9, the sheriff's office said.
Dover was released from the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center under a $9,500 secured bond.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense