Man charged with sex crimes against 14-year-old girl, sheirff says | Crime
MAIDEN - A Catawba County man was arrested for sex crimes against a teenage girl.
Horace Keith Dover, 55, of the 5400 block of Bucks Garage Road in Maiden, was charged with felony Taking Indecent Liberties with a Child.
According to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, the incident involved a 14-year-old girl and happened while riding in a vehicle with the victim and her family.
Dover didn't know the victim, investigators said.
The incident happened on December 9, the sheriff's office said.
Dover was released from the Harven A. Crouse Detention Center under a $9,500 secured bond.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend