Hickory High School grad completes training in Missouri | Community Spirit
Army National Guard Pfc. Christopher A. Stone has graduated from One Station Unit Training (OSUT) at Fort Leonard Wood, Waynesville, Missouri, which included basic military training and advanced individual training (AIT).
During basic military training, the trainee received instruction in drill and ceremony, weapons qualification, map reading, tactics, military courtesy, military justice, physical fitness, first aid, and Army doctrine, history, principles and traditions.
During AIT, the soldier completed the military police specialist course to acquire skills to provide combat area support, conduct battlefield circulation control, area security, prisoner of war operations, civilian internee operations, and law and order operations.
The trainee performed as a team member in support of battlefield operations, installation law and order operations and security of Army resources and installations.
Additional training included providing peacetime support to the military community through security of resources, crime prevention programs, and preservation of law and order.
Stone is the son of Dorothea and Albert Stone Jr. of Fourth Street Place Southeast, Hickory.
He is a 2011 graduate of Hickory High School.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend