Jiffy Lube Supports the Fight against Neuromuscular Disease | Business
Charlotte, NC -- Wednesday, Jiffy Lube announced their participation in the Muscle Up promotion in support of the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).
The promotion aims to support MDA’s mission to make life better for those affected by muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular diseases, and alleviate some of their worry.
Jiffy Lube seeks to raise $1 million through this promotion. One hundred percent of the proceeds from the Muscle Up promotion will go to MDA, will be allocated on a national and local basis and will benefit local MDA chapters in the communities in which they were raised.
Between August 1-Sept 11, 2012 customers who donate $3 to MDA will receive a savings book worth more than $100 in savings. The book makes it easy for people to maintain their vehicle, while allowing them to donate to an important cause.
"We are so excited to support the Jiffy Lube Muscle Up promotion to raise greater community awareness for the fight against muscle disease," said Jim Orsi, Operational Manager for Charlotte Jiffy Lube locations. "Our goal is to help encourage customers to donate to a worthy cause, and to show our appreciation with the savings books. I invite everyone in Charlotte to join us in raising money for this worthy cause."
The campaign theme highlights the parallels between the body’s muscles and a vehicle’s engine; both require care and maintenance to perform to their fullest potential.
MDA has been supporting the research of scientists who are seeking ways to keep the body’s motors and other parts in good working order, and how to fix them when things don’t work the way they should. Likewise, preventive maintenance is crucial to engine health — following your vehicle manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule can help keep your vehicle running in top shape.
"We are excited to team up with Jiffy Lube and grateful for their support. With their help we can send more kids affected by this disease to summer camp and support critical research to fight neuromuscular disease," said Theresa Miller, Regional Coordinator of Muscular Dystrophy Association-Charlotte chapter.
To find a participating service center near you please visit JiffySE.com
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense