A Blue Ridge Festival: Traditional Mountain Music and Storytelling | Arts & Culture
The Hickory Museum of Art is presenting an afternoon of traditional mountain music and storytelling.
The Blue Ridge Festival features offerings from three performers:
1:30 p.m. - Hickory's very own Lisa Neal is set to charm children and parents with traditional tales from the North Carolina mountains.
2:00 p.m. - Visitors can enjoy the storytelling of Diane Hackworth as she spins yarns for audiences of every age and generation.
3:00 p.m. - All ages can appreciate the stylings of Jeff Robbins who is also offering a one-string guitar workshop, following his performance. Registration for the workshop is required, by calling 828-327-8576.
Festival-goers can catch the fun at the Hickory Museum of Art, located at 243 Third Avenue NE in Hickory, Sunday February 24.
Admission if free and open to the public.
For more information, call the Museum at 828-327-8576.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Water line leak forces closure of 2 lanes of Hwy 150
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend