Barbecue showdown and Bluegrass Festival |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
This weekend in Fort Mill, cook teams from across the region will compete for bragging rights and cash, while visitors sample barbecue and listen to music. It's the Greenway's annual Barbecue & Bluegrass Festival.
It's happening at the Anne Springs Close Greenway, a 2,100-acre natural preserve that offers hiking, biking, horseback riding, kayaking and more. The land has been preserved for community use by the Springs family...the same family who operated the Springs textile mills for more than 100 years.
Friday evening, you can sample desserts and listen to bluegrass by The Hinson Girls and The Lonesome Road Band. Food and drink vendors also will be on hand. That's $5.
Then on Saturday, the barbecue showdown gets going at 11am. You can start sampling then until 3 p.m. Music is from Deeper Shade of Blue, Appalachian Fire, and Bobby and Blue Ridge Tradition. Entrance with barbecue is $10. Just want the music? Pay $5. Then, you can stay after the festival ends and enjoy the Greenway.
For more information, click here.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"