'Reach Out and Help Day' at Maiden High School on Saturday | Community Spirit
MAIDEN - Maiden High School club members will join together on Saturday to raise money for three Maiden natives going through a tough time.
The students will put on a hamburger/hot dog sale, a bake sale, and a carwash from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with all proceeds going to the families of Robbie Caskey, Renee Cook, and Megan Austin.
Robbie Caskey is an 8-year-old waging a battle against Ewings Sarcoma.
Renee and Megan are mother and daughter who were recently involved in a very serious automobile accident. Renee remains hospitalized at Charlotte Medical Center.
Both families are facing tremendous medical bills and expenses.
Please join the students of Maiden High School downtown at the corner of East Main Street and South Main Avenue as they give back to the community.
Upcoming Events near Hickory
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials: Hwy 150 closed after fatal Mooresville wreck
- Report: High school PE teacher accused of texting, touching student
- Charlotte high school placed on lockdown after suspicious package found
- Plane found in Lake Norman sank in 1974, officials say
- Police looking for two men who robbed north Charlotte bank
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"
- Investigators: 21st Meth lab in Lincoln Co. this year found, man arrested
- Lincoln Co. Sheriff kicks off 'Top 40' drug round-up Wednesday
- Deputies: Denver man arrested after he tried to break into neighbor's house
- Duo arrested after robbing store with BB gun, knife, police say