'Reach Out and Help Day' at Maiden High School on Saturday | Community Spirit
MAIDEN - Maiden High School club members will join together on Saturday to raise money for three Maiden natives going through a tough time.
The students will put on a hamburger/hot dog sale, a bake sale, and a carwash from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with all proceeds going to the families of Robbie Caskey, Renee Cook, and Megan Austin.
Robbie Caskey is an 8-year-old waging a battle against Ewings Sarcoma.
Renee and Megan are mother and daughter who were recently involved in a very serious automobile accident. Renee remains hospitalized at Charlotte Medical Center.
Both families are facing tremendous medical bills and expenses.
Please join the students of Maiden High School downtown at the corner of East Main Street and South Main Avenue as they give back to the community.
Top Hickory Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense